DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Au-Pairs serve as loving, nurturing and trustworthy companions to the children in the household. They undertake all tasks related to the care of the children but it is recommended they are more suitable for a shared charge, working alongside a team of nannies or as mother’s help. In return, the host family provides free board and lodging, as well as pocket money.
SOME DUTIES RELATED TO THE AU-PAIR ROLE:
- working in partnership with the family and teachers to provide care and educational development of children
- meeting physical needs of children, including dressing, feeding, and bathing
- light household duties including children’s laundry
- preparation of nutritional meals
- teaching basic social skills, reading and writing skills to older children in the household
- arranging play-dates and social schedules
- keeping parents informed of developmental progress
- ensuring children’s bedrooms are clean and tidy
- babysitting evenings
- planning and organizing stimulating age appropriate activities
- babysitting – opieka nad dzieckiem pod nieobecność rodziców (wieczory/noce)
- escorting the children to school and supervising homework.