Nannies undertake all tasks related to the care of the children. They serve as loving, nurturing and trustworthy companions to the children in the household. They are trained and experienced in child development and are responsible for meeting a child’s physical, social, emotional and educational needs. Nannies have minimum of 2 years professional childcare or teaching experience. Many families around the world chose to hire an English-speaking nanny seeking an ‘European’ upbringing and providing a bilingual environment in which their children can learn.
“Nanny Share” is an arrangement whereby a nanny is employed by more than one family to care for the children in each family. Flexible nanny shares can work in a number of ways:
- two families share the nanny all the time,
- the nanny looks after the kids from one family for some of the time, the other family’s for some of the time,
- the families can divide the time equally, so the nanny goes to one home for half the week, and the other home for the rest of the week.
DUTIES & WORKING HOURS:
- working in partnership with the family and teachers to provide care and educational development for children
- meeting the physical needs of children, including dressing, feeding, and bathing
- light household duties including children’s laundry
- preparation of nutritional meals
- teaching basic social skills, reading and writing skills to older children in the household
- washing and ironing children’s clothes
- arranging play-dates and social schedules
- ensuring children’s bedrooms are clean and tidy
- keeping parents informed of developmental progress
- babysitting evenings
- babysitting – opieka nad dzieckiem pod nieobecność rodziców (wieczory/noce)
- planning and organizing stimulating age appropriate activities
- escorting the children to school and extracurricular activities
- supervising homework
- motivating the students
- providing a positive learning environment
- traveling with the family (if required) and organizing child’s leisure and educational activities during the trips.
Nannies work on average 8-10 hours a day. Each family will create a schedule and shift pattern unique to them.