A SPECIAL NEEDS NANNY?
Special needs nannies undertake all tasks related to the care of the children with special needs. They serve as loving, nurturing and trustworthy companions to the children. They are trained and experienced in child development and are responsible for meeting a child’s physical, social, emotional and educational needs.
DUTIES & WORKING HOURS:
- providing developmentally appropriate activities that will help the child feel capable
- avoiding over stimulation
- building up child's confidence
- teaching specific skills that will help your child in further development
- teaching non-disabled children/ siblings how to interact with a special needs child
- setting goals
- providing opportunities and activities to support child's strenghts to help him feel successful and capable
- watching for signs of any aggressive behavior and intervene quickly
- teaching problem-solving skills
Special needs nannies work on average 8-10 hours a day. Each family will create a schedule and shift pattern unique to them.